Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ordinary people going extraordinary places

Last weekend, I visited Shropshire - land of rolling hills, wind and rain... and... snow! I joined other believers for a training conference for voluntary work with a Chiristian company either overseas or in UK.

These other people were really encouraging. I'm more and more convinced God chooses people who seem ordinary or clearly not naturally qualified for the job. The Bible is full of them... Moses, Abraham, Gideon, David, Peter. I believe this means God will choose you some day...

God has chosen me to go to Africa in September this year. I wake every day saying thanks to God for this opportunity. I'm mixed with feelings of humility, joy, peace yet also thougts of, "Why me?" "What will happen to me there?" and "What will I do when I'm there?" I just wanna seek God my Father and do what he says.

I need your prayers and so do many other volunteers sharing the gospel. Ordinary people who go out every Friday night as a Street Pastor and those who tirelessly prepare food for the Soup Run every single evening. Those are just two examples of many... I really hope you listen carefully to what God would say to you about sharing the greatest story in the world.

Much love and thanks
Michael

Please get in touch if you would like to know more about my work in Africa by the email on this website or phone - (01206) 523923

No comments: