Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Report from Jesus Centre Prayer Room

Jesus Centre, Colchester 24-7 Prayer Room
22 – 29 April 2007

The Jesus Centre 24-7 prayer room was used by more than 40 people from more than 10 church congregations. There were also prayer requests posted into the prayer room by the local community. The prayer room hosted worship music sessions, united prayer with local congregations, soaking prayer and sessions with young people.


Here are some stories from people using the prayer room.


“I had a two hour slot in the prayer room. But it wasn't long enough.”


“I valued the community feeling in the prayer room. It felt like home. It was a wonderful place with intercession, worship and creativity going on all at the same time. It was a place of personal spiritual expansion.”


“I came back from a time away and walked into the prayer room. I fell to my knees from the presence of the Lord, crying, praying for Colchester and thanking God. I was led to pray for the homeless and The Lakes (psychiatric hospital).”


“I thought it would be just hard work, and that I'd only last ½ hour, but I stayed for 2 ½ hours!”


“My colleague from work came to the prayer room. He loved it. He said the smell of fresh baking reminded of him of his grandmother's house! He came back the next day to read more prayers and scripture, and to receive prayer.”

No comments: