Friday, February 22, 2008

More stories from the Highwoods prayer room

Thanks to Gillian for this report of comments on the Highwoods prayer room in January;

‘I felt the prayer room had a peaceful atmosphere and I felt very much at home there.’

‘I felt a new commitment to the people on Highwoods generally.’

‘'Break through' was a major theme that cropped up again and again’

‘It was good to know that there was an hour where you weren't going to be distracted. It was peaceful but very stimulating.’

‘Sometimes I didn't know what to pray but there was always something there to help’

‘I really enjoyed the opportunity to be involved and to pray for different needs. ‘

‘ It was as if He was showing me that time spent with Him is always good, which I should of course know but which sometimes gets a bit lost. Anyway, trying to clarify this I would just say that it felt as if offering prayer in that room for 48 hours was pleasing to Him.’

Also several people have told me about how they found peace in the prayer room and could sense God’s presence there.

This is from an e-mail from Jamie sent yesterday about the Youth café on Friday.

‘The most amazing thing for me is that last night we put Luke's friend, Lee on the hot seat at the end. A tradition to put adult helpers, particularly new ones, on the spot to keep them on their toes. We request questions from the young people - the person on the hot spot can choose not to answer. First question he gets is: "So when did you become a Christian?".. to which he responded " Last Sunday!". When we quizzed him about it afterwards, he said he became a Christian during the prayer room session that he and Luke were doing overnight on Sat night / Sunday morning. SO HALELUJAH TO THAT!’

No comments: