Thursday, November 08, 2007

A moment in school...

Here's a report from a friend of ours who teaches in a school in Colchester.

My least favourite time in school of the week is Wednesday break when I am on duty in the social areas.

These rooms are part of the only building left standing from when we held holiday clubs in the school. Added to that, of course this week we have the GSUS live bus parked just behind the building.

This morning I went on duty and for the first time it was fairly calm. So, I (probably to be honest for the first time outside my classroom) foundtime to pray. Praying for peace on the place.

I found myself start singing a Godfrey Birtill song I'm not that familiar with - so unfamiliarI couldn't remember any of the words!!! It was this from "O God, O God, O God";

I have loved you, I have held you
Though you weren't aware of it
Taught you how to walk and talk
and Abba your first word.

My heart breaks, as I wait
And I see you lost and cold
My heart breaks, as I wait
To see you coming home.

I have touched you, I have kissed you
Though you weren't aware of it
Taught you how to laugh and cry and
Watched you walk away.

There is more prophetic words on the CD than just these words of the song, about running to the father and faith rising.

Shortly after that I had to deal with an issue outside - but until then it was a very special moment.

Steph

No comments: