Wednesday, October 01, 2008

News from allsorts and Aidan

I found the Prayer for Muslims prayer room an inspiring place. We heard stories from several friends about their experiences with Muslim people. I was inspired to keep on praying for blessing for Muslim people.

Also last week, I helped to set up and guide people at the Sanctum "sacred space" in Alderman Blaxill School. It was a privilege to meet the young people, and talk to some of them about God and prayer. Nice one to Tim, Tom and Amy and Collective who made it happen.



Also last week, Stephanie, Jean and I spent time with Andrea from 24-7 Prayer, and Vicky from Wandsworth Boiler Room Community. We were hosted by Stephanie with her Sisters at her Community. It was a good time of sharing. I appreciated hearing stories from Andrea and Vicky and Stephanie. Together we considered how to be open and giving, whilst still retaining right boundaries for rest and refreshing and honouring our committed releationships.


And finally! I've been reading "Flame in my heart" by David Adam, stories and reflections on St Aidan, missionary to the British.

It is recorded that Aidan prayed about accepting the dangerous mission to take Jesus to the British. Then he realised, "This great God will be there wherever I go. I may not know what lies ahead, but I know who is there to meet me."

Aidan sang;

"God there before me, God there behind me

God's love about me, God there above me

God there beneath me, God's strength surround me

God all about me, God deep within me

God's grace toward me."

Step on, to where God is waiting to meet you. love Richard

No comments: