Monday, October 13, 2008

Movement and Pilgrimage

Here's an extract from reflections that Mike left with us, before leaving for his mission in North Africa. I think it's all the more valid because of how he has chosen to go and follow Jesus....
(Mike and Nicky doing abit of movement and pilgrimage in Liverpool...)

"Since being part of Boiler Room Community, I've realise that movement and pilgrimage is more than just moving house or travelling around on hols.

It's about going somewhere in obedience to Father God, led by the Spirit, because of Christ and for Christ. We go to bless and make an impact, to receive spiritual food, give hospitality and receive it. We enjoy the journey, but also learn from our goings and comings.
In Manchester, where I first learnt of Boiler Room Communities, I was blown away by the depth of relationship that the students had for each other and for Jesus. They were sold out for prayer, mission and justice on behalf of their local community, the nation and the whole world.
I was gobsmacked by the warm welcome and sharing given me by Oria and Ben and others. I immediately found it natural to be with them after a few days in their shared house.
I was amazed by their wild and outlandish exploits in mission, in the shape of a skate park. Some young people became Christians, and treated the converted warehouse Boiler Room as their church. So, skate park became skate church through a rhythm of prayer, worship and study.
I thought; "we need this down south!".

No comments: